Saturday, August 17, 2013

New Year

Like most of you I've been busy getting my classroom ready for the new year.  Lory and I can't believe we have taught for so long and it doesn't get any easier to get ready.  Our first day was Thursday.  To add to the excitement, the toilet in my classroom literally broke with a huge crack down the middle, spraying water all over the floor!  Kids were sliding and falling, it was crazy!  Well here's some pic's of my classroom.   I'm hoping for an uneventful third day!
Word Work Baskets

View from the back

Reading Nook

Rules, Daily Five, and Classroom Library
They put their backpacks in the cubbies.

Mailboxes

Small Group Table and Buckets

Whole Group Area

Word Wall and Birthdays

Word Work

Writing



3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like an eventful day! I guess maybe that is the "blessing" of not having a bathroom as part of my room? :) Hope this week goes well!

Amanda
A Very Curious Class

Barbara said...

You look very organized.
The black is cool!
Barbara @
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Mrs. Spring said...

The bathroom is a love/hate thing. They put in a new toilet today and the kiddos clapped when they carried the broken one out!

Pin It button on image hover