Monday, July 9, 2012

Awesome Sign from Tai Pan, Writing Ideas Freebie


Hey everybody! Hope you are having a great Monday. I am watching Hotel Impossible, one of my new favorite shows! 

Guess what? I went to Tai Pan Trading over the weekend and I walked right up to the most perfect sign for first graders! I am going to hang it on my classroom door. It is a rustic wooden sign, black with white lettering.  I think it sums up what first graders need to remember perfectly!

I have been working on something for the kids to use for writing ideas. I have seen a few different versions of this out there on Pinterest or blogs. I'm sorry that I can't remember who else has something like this . . or I would give them a shout out

I purchased these tiny spiral notepads at Walmart for $1.50 for 4 pads. I bought enough for every student to have one to keep in their desk, and made this little cover. I laminated, cut out and taped on the cover with heavy mailing tape . . .the students will use the notebooks to record writing ideas as they think of them.

Click here to print


I also wanted to give you the TpT link for the Purple/Black themed Teacher Organization Notebook that includes monthly calendar through May 2013 (let me know if you need the calendar extended  or a personalized cover page) 




http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Purple-and-Black-Binder-Dividers-w-Matching-Monthly-Calendar-Pages 

I hope you have a wonderful evening!


3 comments:

Mrs. Anderson said...

I love the sign! I also like the writing idea notebooks. Thanks for sharing!
Connie:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

Jenn Long said...

I am really digging those writing notebooks! Very cool idea!

A Pirates Life for Us

Sheree Peterson said...

I love the writing notebook idea! Thanks for the idea.
Petersons-Pad

Pin It button on image hover